email without vm

Hello all,

This is a delayed response to something Tim raised a few days/weeks
ago. (I have had a crash and am still trying to achieve the pre-crash
status! Hence the delayed post.)

Tim mentioned that the maintainer of VM is threatening to stop
supporting GNU Emacs; apparently he has done this in the past and
resumed support after some time. Tim had asked about alternatives to
VM and there was a suggestion about using gnus. This I had found very
difficult to set up which is why I use VM. Asking around amongst Emacs
users I learned that there is a elisp file `mutt.el' which allows mutt
to be used from inside emacs. Does anybody on the list have any
experience with this "mutt mode"?

Cheers and belated greetings to everybody  .
Kalyan