Re: Google Search Facility doesn't work

hello Christian,

Christian Gerhardt <Christian_Gerhardt@t-online.de> writes:

> I strongly believe that I misconfigured my emacspeak environment, but I can't
> find the mistake. When trying to use the google search facilities which are by
> default bound to C-e ? <character> I get into the mini buffer and am prompted
> to input my phrases. After hitting enter, nothing really happens or I should
> say nothing happens which I can perceive. I am using emacspeak version 25.
> Could you please give some hints where to search for a solution? The system
> didn't complain unfortunately and looking through the buffer list, nothing was
> found concerning a buffer which might have held my search results.

I think you might have not selected the google search.  After hitting
C-e ? you have to hit ? again to see what searches are available or
simply hit g to search google.

Here is what you should get if you hit the ?:

 control a `emacspeak-websearch-amazon-search'
 control b `emacspeak-websearch-biblio-search'
 control c `emacspeak-websearch-citeseer-search'
 control e `emacspeak-websearch-ebay-search'
 control f `emacspeak-websearch-froogle'
 RETURN `emacspeak-websearch-my-rss-search'
 control p `emacspeak-websearch-podscope'
 control r `emacspeak-websearch-rpm-find'
 control w `emacspeak-websearch-wikipedia-search'
 SPACE `emacspeak-websearch-google-feeling-lucky'
 ' `emacspeak-websearch-google-sak'
 , `emacspeak-websearch-google-specialize'
 . `emacspeak-websearch-google-advanced'
 / `emacspeak-websearch-display-form'
 ; `emacspeak-websearch-google-mobile'
 ? `emacspeak-websearch-help'
  cap A  `emacspeak-websearch-alltheweb-search'
  cap B  `emacspeak-websearch-blinkx-search'
  cap D  `emacspeak-websearch-dictionary-hypertext-webster-search'
  cap E  `emacspeak-websearch-britannica-search'
  cap F  `emacspeak-websearch-foldoc-search'
  cap G  `emacspeak-websearch-gutenberg'
  cap M  `emacspeak-websearch-merriam-webster-search'
  cap N  `emacspeak-websearch-news-yahoo'
  cap S  `emacspeak-websearch-shoutcast-search'
  cap T  `emacspeak-websearch-teoma'
  cap W  `emacspeak-websearch-w3c-search'
 a `emacspeak-websearch-altavista-search'
 b `emacspeak-websearch-bbc-search'
 c `emacspeak-websearch-company-news'
 d `emacspeak-websearch-usenet-search'
 e `emacspeak-websearch-emaps-search'
 g `emacspeak-websearch-google'
 i `emacspeak-websearch-accessible-google'
 j `emacspeak-websearch-ask-jeeves'
 k `emacspeak-websearch-koders-search'
 m `emacspeak-websearch-map-yahoo-directions-search'
 n `emacspeak-websearch-google-news'
 o `emacspeak-websearch-open-directory-search'
 p `emacspeak-websearch-people-yahoo'
 q `emacspeak-websearch-quotes-yahoo-search'
 r `emacspeak-websearch-recorded-books-search'
 s `emacspeak-websearch-software-search'
 t `emacspeak-websearch-technorati'
 u `emacspeak-websearch-google-usenet-advanced'
 w `emacspeak-websearch-weather'
 x `emacspeak-websearch-exchange-rate-convertor'
 y `emacspeak-websearch-yahoo'
 z `emacspeak-websearch-podzinger-search'

happy searching,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Talking about a piece of movie dialogue: Let's have some new
  cliches. -Samuel Goldwyn