Re: espeakf slow speech rate

Hi Robert,

if I understand you correctly, you are trying to use espeakf which is
a speech server for festival and not espeak. The support for espeak
was introduced in emacspeak during the time you are mentioning in your
post. You should probably take a look at dtk-speak.el, in particular
at the function tts-configure-synthesis-setup. There, if the name of
the name of the tts matches the regexp "espeak", the tts is setup to use the voice
definitions in espeak-voices.el. These are the correct settings for
espeak but probably not for espeakf.

Best regards, Lukas