Re: SVN Version is broken!

Well, espeak does work from the shell.  I do a 'tcl
/usr/share/emacs.../servers/espeak' and it does say "espeak".  But
when I run /usr/bin/emacspeak -d emacs loads but we get that damn
"process speaker not running".

As a further development, I got it all to work on my desktop machine
but not on the laptop.  On the laptop, I am using svn version
exclusively and there I get the speaker message but no other errors to
give me any clues.  Also when I get the "process speaker not running",
I can't do anything in emacs; even with speakup running, I can't do
anything but type in the scratch buffer.  I can't load any other synth
drivers or anything.  At least now I can exit emacs by pressing
c-x-c-c once.  Before, I was having to do it several times before
emacs would close.  Anyway, what else can I look for to track this
down.  I like espeak's responsiveness when emacspeak runs with it.  I
can now get dtk-soft to work on my laptop but the thing I don't like
about dtk-soft is it seems to crap out a lot and I have to keep
resetting it.

I might go and try a make clean and try to recompile the entire source
tree and see if that works any better.

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 11:12:01AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 12:06:09PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> > I thought I would give the latest svn poll from yesterday Sat Jun 30 a
> > try and I'm getting "process speaker not running" when I try to use
> > espeak.
>
> Check that the speech server is actually compiled correctly. Does it work if
> you test it directly from the shell? The above error means that the speech
> server isn't running, usually because it wasn't compiled/installed properly.

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/