Re: Emacspeak-27.0 software dectalk will not compile

Hiya,
On the subject of software Dectalk and Outloud, is there any procedure for not having to wrestle with those synthesizer servers if you don't have the appropriate software?  I ran into some snags with the outloud server in particular when trying to get this ported to FreeBSD.
Well, to be precise, the make install wanted to copy the Outloud shared library, which I didn't compile.
Still having trouble with the whole BSD port in general, actually.  Any advice would be appreciated.
All the best,
Zack.