Re: Loving Emacspeak thus far

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:57:50PM -0800, Zachary Kline wrote:
>    I just felt I aught to post this and say how much I've been enjoying
> using Emacspeak thus far.
>    I've had an interest in it off and on for the past year or so.

That's a good start. I hope you continue to enjoy using it.
>    I can say that it's not quite like anything I've done before.  I've
> been a Windows user for longer than I've been a Linux enthusiast, so
> Emacs in general is rather new for me.  I'm slow, probably clumsy and
> inefficient, and don't have much 'real' work to use it for.

Perhaps you could start by using it for your e-mail. If you need to write
documents, try using LaTeX instead of a word processor. Whenever you are
comfortable with it, try using the Emacspeak interface to FireVox to browse
the Web.

I haven't managed to set up FireVox with Emacspeak yet, but that's partially
my own fault, so I've been reluctant to post about the problems that I ran
into when I tried it.