Re:sound in vmware - was pulseaudio

I didn't think you would need anything special to run under VMWare. Linux
should just see the device as normal i.e. it dosn't know its running under
VMWare. It is likely that the vmware issue is pointing you in the wrong
direction and that you would have the same issue if you wer just running
natively (of course, we are talking windows as the host and this may have
some impact - I'm only had minimal experience with vmware hosting windows
on a Linux system).

What type of sound card do you have and what Linux distro (more precisely,
what version of Alsa?)

Tim
bart@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > To ask my question in a different way :).
 >
 > I've got a linux instance under vmware with a windows host.  Does anyone have a correct alsa setup for this environment that I could try?
 >
 > Regards
 >
 > Bart

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.