Re: Sometimes bad responsiveness with outloud and alsa 1.0.16

Tim,

I am pretty sure this is a regression in libasound 1.0.16. Or at
least, the blocking semantics of some api functions must have changed
in a way not expected by the outloud speech server. I doubt it will be
fixable by duning the .asoundrc file. The problem is that I still
cannot produce a useful small test case to reproduce and document the
problem.

For now, I would stick with libasound 1.0.15 on machines that are
needed to get work done.

Best regards, Lukas