FW: Doubletalk LT help please

Title: Message

-----Original Message-----
From: DM [mailto:danmass@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:06 PM
To: 'speakup@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Doubletalk LT help please

Hello Everyone :)
I am having a bit of trouble getting going with my doubletalk lt and emacspeak. If someone is familiar with the synth and how to make it go. I am running a Debian install with 2.6.184 speakup kernel that works great. I had eflite running with emacspeak 26 and emacs 21.4 and it worked but I was not satisfied with the synth voice so I tried many things to improve on it, haha including installing different distros. Thus far I am unsuccessfull with anything including probing the synth the doubletalk, that is.With the Debian install at stable and emacs at 22.1 and emacspeak at 26 and emacspeak-ss at 1.12 I have no synth or software speech at this point. I have been through the howtos manuals googled it  and all, the only thing that gave me anything was find-ss but it was not clear to me as it didn't report the port exactly. The report came after a failure on ttyS2 and a failure on ttyS3. With the folling console exercise "echo This is a test > /dev/ttyS#I got the following ...bash error on ttyS0, ttyS2, ttyS3. I got no report on ttyS1. I have tried option 12, doubletalk lt with all possible ttyS#'s and edited /etc/emacspeak.conf manually, and /etc/profile with the proper export and program lines. I have tried installing strictly from source code exclusively and I had tried the Debian compiled stuff. I am sure I'm overlooking something , probably quite simple , so any help would be much appreciated.

Dan