Re: festival + emacspeak - how to configure it

From: Michal <rabbit50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: festival + emacspeak - how to configure it
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:18:22 +0200

> hallo Group members
>
> Do YOu know any instruction on how to use festival with
> emacspeak?

  My answer is quite suspicious on this list, but I would say
  that festival works perfectly with speechd-el and
  speech-dispatcher. I am expriencing it everyday ! Anyway you
  might have godd reasons to prefer emacspeak as speechd-el but
  anyway if you plan to have a multilingual usage of festival
  my opinion is that speechd-el will be more
  appropriated. Conversely if you mean to use festival only in
  english may I ask why festival ? There are many other speech
  synthesisers providing a good english feedback. For non
  english (or non exclusively english users) the qestion is
  rather different.

  I tried personnaly in the past to implement a direct access
  from emacspeak to festival before discovering speechd-el. I
  never tried to implement a tcl server since I don't like tcl.

  Regards

  Pierre