VM repeating lines with emacs 23

Hi,

I recently changed to using the emacs-snapshot package under Ubuntu Intrepid.

it reports itself as emacs 23.0.60.1.  vm is version 8.0.9.

Since doing this I have noticed that when arrowing through messages in vm some lines are repeated multiple times.  This doesn't happen if I use c-e n to read the entire message.

This also happens in mail composition buffers.

It is happening in this message as I write.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not sure how to go about finding out what is happening?

Currently help reports:

Enabled minor modes: Auto-Composition Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption
Blink-Cursor Display-Time Dynamic-Completion File-Name-Shadow
Font-Lock Global-Auto-Composition Global-Font-Lock Mc-Write Menu-Bar
Mouse-Wheel Shell-Dirtrack Tool-Bar Tooltip Transient-Mark
Vm-Pgg-Compose Voice-Lock

Regards

Bart