RE: Installation and Execution: Voxin, Emacspeak, and Ubuntu 8.10 - Intrepid Ibex

Hi,
What you are missing is the compiled shared library that tcl uses to
communicate with viavoice.

See the file viavoice in the Linux-outloud directory for instructions on
compiling it.

Also if you are running debian or ubuntu you may hit compiler errors not
able to find tcl.h etc.  This is because the libraries are called tcl8.3
under debian and ubuntu.

You will most probably have to edit the .cpp files and Makefile if this
happens.

Off the top of my head you have to fix the #include tcl.h to #include
tcl8.3/tcl.h in the .cpp files and change -ltcl to -ltcl8.3 in the Makefile.

This may not be entirely correct check the sources but it is the general
idea.

I have to run right now but if you are having trouble still email me and
I'll try and help.

Bart