Re: compile errors with linux-espeak speech server

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> How can I compile linux-espeak? Using latest svn of emacspeak, on
> debian lenny. What am I missing? Make errors/output is attached.

This looks just like an error that was posted yesterday.  Lukas said:

I think you should pass "Wno-long-long" to the compiler to suppress this
error.

And I mentioned that some of the error looked like the libtool issue
that has been mentioned before.  I would try this to make sure it is not
the libtool problem.

0. Make sure you have tcl and tclx 8.3 installed.

1. make a copy of the makefile.tcl83

2. Edit the copy to remove the libtool references.  There is an argument
to libtool that must be removed as well.  For example,

tclespeak.o: tclespeak.cpp
	libtool --argument-to-libtool $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<

becomes

tclespeak.o: tclespeak.cpp
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<

Do not comment out the libtool part and move the $(CC) part to the next
line.  It will not work.

3. Change every reference to *.lo to *.o.  For example, tclespeak.lo
becomes tclespeak.o.

4. Use the -f flag to make to use the new makefile.  For example,

make -f makefile.tcl83.edited

5. Report your findings here.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

An editor is one who separates the wheat from the chaff and prints the chaff.
		-- Adlai Stevenson