Re:Possible format bug?

Hi Raman,

are you using outloud or espeak? I've noticed the problem exists in outloud,
but not espeak. From other reports, it seems that it didn't exists prior to a
certain version (still trying to track down when it started). this is based on
some reports I've recieved where it does and does not happen, depending on the
version being used.

Tim

T.V. Raman writes:
 > I was unable to reproduce the "format" bug ...
 >
 > On 12/22/09, Robert D. Crawford <robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > > Sorry, this should have gone to the list.
 > >

 > > Hi Tim,
 > >
 > > tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > >
 > >> (format nil "~:@d" 1000000) ==> "+1,000,000"
 > >
 > > Reading this line produces this output:
 > >
 > > mode all
 > > plus 1 comma 0 0 0 comma 0 0 0
 > >
 > > mode some
 > > plus 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
 > > with a short pause between the third and fourth zeros
 > >
 > > mode none reads the same as mode some
 > >
 > > Using
 > > ViaVoice
 > > emacspeak 30.0 6170M (rather old svn version)
 > > emacs version GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) of 2009-06-25
 > > running Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-13-generic
 > >
 > > rdc
 > > --
 > > Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx
 > >
 > > "Problem solving under linux has never been the circus that it is under
 > > AIX."
 > > (By Pete Ehlke in comp.unix.aix)

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.