Re: Should we use the emacspeak speech back-end system-wide in Vinux?

speech-dispatcher used to be a wonderful program.  Now it seems that the development group is only concerned with having it work with ORCA.  That's fine as far as it goes, we need speech-dispatcher to play nicely with the ORCA shark :-)

But there is more - much very much more to text to speech than ORCA.

What good is speech-dispatcher if it doesn't work with speakup?

That just means that modern Linux distributions that want TTS will just have to use an older speech-dispatcher and if need be an older ORCA - but isn't this just nuts?

I hope someone from the speech-dispatcher development team will look kindly at those who use their programing.

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA
SOWP, VWOA, OOTC, FISTS, CW-Ops, JARL-A1, A1-OP, ex-FOC 1271 ARRL-LM
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr@msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609
Radio-Officers Google Group -- Marine Morse Historic Recordings Page