speaking hyphen between words

Which speech synth are you using? I've not noticed this with either espeak or
viavoice. What is the punctuation mode int he buffer wherer you notice this?

Tim

Robert D. Crawford writes:
 > If I've overlooked something, feel free to point it out to me.
 >
 > Working my way through the new install and now I am getting to the
 > niggling things.  Previously, when speaking hyphenated words the words
 > were spoken as if there was no hyphen.  Now, not only is the dash spoken
 > but sometimes the first word or fragment is mispronounced.  For example,
 > re-engineer is pronounced reh dash engineer as opposed to ree engineer.
 >
 > Is there a setting that has changed?  Is anyone else seeing this
 > behavior.
 >
 > Using emacspeak 32.0 and GNU Emacs 23.2.1.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > rdc
 > --
 > Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >
 > -  long    f_ffree;    /* free file nodes in fs */
 > +  long    f_ffree;    /* freie Dateiknoten im Dateisystem */
 > 		-- Seen in a translation

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.