Re: IBM TTS espeak connector

Hi Janina,

Will this module work in the console and drive IBM TTS?  That's what I'm looking for.  I guess the module I am looking for gets driven by speakup in the kernel then uses IBMTTS for a synthesizer.

I have IBMTTS working in gnome desktop using ORCA but I really love the Via Voice voices and it would be wonderful to have them working in console.

I find console much less confusing.

David
David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA
SOWP, VWOA, OOTC, FISTS, CW-Ops, JARL-A1, A1-OP, ex-FOC 1271 ARRL-LM
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr@msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609
Radio-Officers Google Group -- Marine Morse Historic Recordings Page

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Janina Sajka <janina@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
D.J.J. Ring, Jr. writes:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Then is there an interface from the past that will take the input from
> speakup and use IBM TTS as an output?

http://SpeakupModified.Org/ttsynth/

hth

Janina