Re: Emacspeak with gmail

edbrowse might be able to help with on-line banking. That browser, links and elinks are a little more advanced with java. The edbrowse browser needs spidermonkey-bin installed and to know where it's at to do java. The links and elinks browsers need some configuration of settings to get talking.On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

I love alpine - it configures with gmail IMAP and SMTP to send flawlessly
and if you wish it can open your favorite web browser for links.

Unfortunately for many web browsers except for the big ones don't work for
Internet banking, many blind and visually disabled people find text browsers
less confusing to use when listening to a text to speech engine and entering
text with a keyboard - and avoiding the cursed mouse at all costs!

Maybe w3-el will some day be able to help us use Internet banking!

After all, emacspeak does everything else - and even more than I use.

Best to all,

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA <http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/>
SOWP <http://www.sowp.org/>, VWOA <http://www.vwoa.org/>,
OOTC<http://www.ootc.us/>,