Re: Emacspeak tutorial complete

Hi,

Great intro Alex! Something I would add personally though, is rmoo.
It's an emacs moo client written in elisp. It includes some emacspeak
support (lines are spoken automatically, and it plays a couple
sounds). Although, it uses old sound functions that aren't there
anymore. It's still a very nice client though. All the cool features
of emacs and emacspeak apply, including searches, cutting and pasting
to and from the moo and other buffers, local editting (yes, local
editting!)... Yeah. If you want to check it out, you can get the
latest code from git. The clone url is
http://github.com/toddsunsted/rmoo.git
Eventually, I'll probably figure out how to play sounds in the newer
emacspeaks and send them a patch. For now though, I just comment out
the define and play lines in emacspeak-rmoo.el.
To connect to a moo after you've installed it, switch to emacs, type
m-x rmoo and hit enter. It should prompt you for the moo world, for
now just hit enter. It should then ask you for the site, port, your
character name and password. If you don't have a character yet, you
can just hit enter at those prompts. After that, it'll connect you to
the moo and, if you gave it a character name and password, log you
into your character. You can type commands on the last line of the
file (the line starting with a >), move around, search, or run
previous commands (even lines from the history, bug?).
The rmoo and rmoo editting modes also have mode help available, which
you can get to with c-h m.
Thanks for the tutorial and HTH
KJ4UFX
{.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do}