Re: Auditory icons question

Hi Tim,

Actualy it was that I had emacspeak-auditory-icon-function set to
emacspeak-play-auditory-icon which works fine for me on linux using
alsa.  I couldn't get this working on the mac but have changed it to
emacspeak-queue-auditory-icon and had the speech server play it which is
now working well.

Thanks for the tips though!

Also the mac server is now getting quite close to being ready for prime
time so if anyone else out there wants to give it a spin it would be
helpful.

Cheers

Bart

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:55:19 +1000, Tim Cross <theophilusx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> I believe you are correct in that auditory icons are placed in the tts queue
> and processed along with other tts queue events.
>
> What server are you using? What is your emacspeak-play-program set to? Can
> your setup handle multiple sound sources at the same time i.e. using dmix or
> pulse or a multi-channel card? Have you set emacspeak-default-theme?
>
> Using the emacspeak-play-program from the command line, can you play a sound
> icon from the shell when emacspeak is running? If not, does it work when it
> is not running? If the latter and not the former, then my guess would be
> some sort of sound device contention.
>
> Tim
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Bart Bunting <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick question.
> >
> > Are auditory icons handled in the speech server or is
> > emacspeak-play-program called directly from emacs?
> >
> > From my reading of emacspeak-sounds I had thought that a "a" command was
> > sent to the speech server.  This does not appear to be happening for me.
> >
> > Am I missing something here?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Bart

Non-text part: text/html

--

Bart Bunting

URSYS Pty. Ltd
461 Parramatta Rd. Leichhardt NSW  2040  Australia
Ph.           +61 2 8745 2811
Fax          +61 2 8745 2828