Re: problem running espeak again

Hi Tim,

"Tim Cross" <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Perhaps your pulseaudio isn't quite configured correctly or you have an old
> .asoundrc file? Maybe enable pulsaudio logging and see if that gives more
> clues? Maybe check to ensure some other sound layer isn't getting in the way or
> causing pulseaudio to become sluggish.

I'll see about trying all of those.  My suspicion, likely wrong, is that
this could very well be a server issue.  Even after compiling espeak and
rebooting orca works fine.  The problem, initially, seems to only crop
up after emacspeak is inserted into the mix.  I had the same problem on
this Ubuntu 10.10 installation and never bothered to work it out.  orca
works fine with espeak but trying to use emacspeak is a no-go.  I solved
the problem by using ViaVoice.

Did the steps I followed look correct?  I'm not forgetting something, am
I?  Next time, to keep things separate, maybe I'll install espeak to
/usr/local instead of the default of /usr.

Thanks for your help,
rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up
in the morning, and does not stop until you get to work.