Can someone read this and tell me what is going on?

This is a message I received on the Vinux list.  It kills my speech at
the end of sentences.  Can anyone else verify this and possibly tell me
what might be going on?  Here are version numbers and the like.

GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) of 2011-05-10 on e6410
emacspeak 33.0 revision 7018
viavoice tts
reading mail in gnus shipped with emacs

Thanks,
rdc

--- Begin Message ---
Why do you say Unity is dumbing down the desktop?

I read this article, and I was surprised how little it said. He gave no
examples that I could see, and from what I could tell, he was just
speculating on what Windows 8 would look like. Did I miss something? Was
there a link to a real article that I missed? Without some examples of
how Windows 8 or Unity is dumbing down the interface then this just
seems like one guys opinion of an interface I'm not sure he's even seen.
For me, I'll wait to see more.

I'm also not sure that there isn't someone out there who can come up
with a versatile and flexible interface that will give me some
consistency between my desktop and my mobile platforms. I'd also think
this would make things easier for application developers to develop
applications that could more easily move from the mobile platform to the
desktop.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain@xxxxxxxxxxx