Re: accessible search

Set your desired rate via custom. I've tested the current build
against both dectalk and outloud and it starts up correctly in my
environment.

Same with startup sound, look at the code -- it definitely does
not ignore the custom setting. Check your emacs environment to
make sure you're not missing something you've set.