emacspeak-tts-startup-hook

Because this function sets the speech rate to tts-default-speech-rate and adds itself
to the hooks at the end, who should call it?
In a default installation, nothing does, so the speech rate doesn't get set properly.
If I replace tts-configure-synthesis-setup with emacspeak-tts-startup-hook in emacspeak.el,
along with removing the setting of dtk-speech-rate in outloud-configure-tts,
my speech rate commands (local and global) again work as expected,
and my rate gets set properly with both outloud and eflite to their defaults.

Is that the right way to do this?