Re: remote into emacspeak session running on a mac

Florian,

Here are roughly the steps I take to run emacs on a remote machine
with a local speech server:
1. ssh into remote machine.
2. Ensure you can ssh back into your local machine via ssh without
authentication (via installed ssh-agent rsa key pairs or some other
method).
3. start emacs/emacspeak on remote machine with one of the ss-*
servers selected (i.e. DTK_PROGRAM=ssh-outloud). In essence, the ssh-*
scripts simply starts a local instance of the * speech server; you
will likely have to understand/read the actual script to ensure the
proper hostname, username, etc are being set and where the script is
trying to gather that information from.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a somewhat hacked up configuration for
a linux box so I simply manually start a local instance of the speech
server from my remote linux machine's .emacs. I also prompt for a
password each time I start emacs on that remote machine since I don't
want to allow for unauthenticated ssh sessions to my local machine. I
can share that snippet of elisp and ssh-mac if you're interested
though I believe you're attempting the converse (local linux,remote
mac).