Re: ViaVoice outloud on 64bit Ubuntu

Hi,

Rev 7548 is the last good commit.  After this the artifacts are still
there but character echo is almost toatlly broken.

Here is the output when starting the outloud script:

bart@xxxxxxxxxxx:~/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/servers$ ./outloud
ALSA <-> PulseAudio PCM I/O Plugin
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 11025
  exact rate   : 11025 (11025/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 5513
  period_size  : 1378
  period_time  : 125000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 1378
  period_event : 0
  start_threshold  : 5513
  stop_threshold   : 5513
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1445199872
allocating 2756 samples
output buffered to waveBuffer with size 2756
%