Re: Newbie, Emacspeak and Espeak

Hello all on this thread,

Is it that I am getting only the first and this message to the list or
is the discussion going on off-list?  Remember, Just in case it is not a
problem with my mail, the reply-to sends the message to the OP, not the
list.

Be well,
rdc

Liz Hare <doggene@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Alex, and all,
>
> Thanks. After making sure these are installed and tcl.h is in
> /usr/include/tcl8.4/tcl.h,  I still get the error about not being able
> to find tcl.h when running make.
>
> I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have.
>
> Liz
>
> On 3/9/2012 12:31 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
>> You are over thinking the problem.  All you have to do is:
>>
>> apt-get build-dep espeak
>> apt-get build-dep tclx
>>
>> Then, from the emacspeak source directory, cd servers/linux-espeak
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> You don't have to go out and untar anything, edit any make files or
>> install anything from source other than emacspeak and the speech
>> server of your choice.  Debian's package management system takes care
>> of the rest of that stuff for you.  It'll basicaly bring in a package
>> with a name like
>> libespeak-dev
>> and another called something along the lines of libtcl8.4-dev.  Once
>> those are installed in your system, you will have the necessary files
>> for inclusion by the c++ file you are compiling.
>>
>> Sorry if I was vague,
>> Alex M
>>
>> On 3/9/12, Liz Hare<doggene@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Hi Alex (and everyone who can help),
>>>
>>> Thanks so much for your suggestion. I downloaded the sources you suggested.
>>>
>>> I adapted the makefile.tcl83 file in the
>>> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak directory for
>>> tcl/tclx 8.4. I got a warning about long-long integers and as discussed
>>> a couple of years ago on this list, added -Wno-long-long. I removed
>>> references to libtool which seemed to cause problems for people before.
>>>
>>> I still get errors which make me wonder if the changes to tcl 8.4 are
>>> just incompatible with tclespeak.
>>>
>>> root:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak
>>> make -f makefile.hare
>>> g++ -O2 -I/usr/include/espeak -Wno-long-long -fPIC  -DPIC -pedantic
>>> -ansi -Wall -I/usr/include/tcl8.4 -c tclespeak.cpp
>>> tclespeak.cpp: In function int Tclespeak_Init(Tcl_Interp*):
>>> tclespeak.cpp:140:7: warning: variable rc set but not used
>>> [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
>>> tclespeak.cpp: In function void initLanguage(Tcl_Interp*):

Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx