Fwd: Adding info content to emacs info directory and browser

Kerneels Roos
"I don't know, but God knows."

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 March 2012 11:05:41 PM SAST
To: emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Adding info content to emacs info directory and browser

Hi,

In the normal shell version of `info' I can see content that's not available through the emacs info browser, which I would prefer using so I can use emacspeak to read the info pages.

Saw that the top level node when going into info documentation inside emacs is called  dir, but can't `locate' any file such as dir.info, emacs.info etc. on my system (names of nodes/files visible inside the emacs info system).

Also, going through the `info' man page I found the command line argument `--directory=DIR' which I tried on the normal shell info program, but this didn't work, with info keeping on saying that it can't find DIR while DIR is perfectly fine...

This, however, should not be the resolution since the docs I want inside emacs info is already visible inside normal info.

Newbie I know... Thanks in advance.

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)79 696 6038