Making Emacspeak work with viper and/or evil modes

It seems that the `viper' and more recent `evil' modes, adding vi-style movement and behaviour to emacs doesn't work with emacspeak. The cursor would move around but nothing gets spoken. Does this mean the events that fire off speech is hooked in at a level higher than where viper hooks in the vi-style key bindings? How difficult would it be to get it working properly?

I've forced myself to learn and use the standard emacs keys now just to be able to use emacspeak, but I can really not see how those keystrokes could ever compete with the ease of use of vi-style key bindings.

Regards

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)79 696 6038