Re: outloud and tones

I'm having issues with beep running under vmware and can't quite figure
out what the issue is.

Obviously it is trying to do something... as it hangs for the period of
the generated beep.

The man page suggests that there may be issues if run from an xterm,
which in a way was what I was trying.  Also tried as root from a console
and no joy either.

Anyone got any ideas?  All other sound appears to be working fine.

Cheers

Bart