Patch to g-auth

Hi Raman,

can you send me a copy of your .authinfo.gpg file (with passwrods X'd out) and
in plain text (not encrypted). I suspect the issue may be with the 'port'
settings in the authinfo file. With that info, I can play around with my setup
to mimic what you have and narrow down the issue.

Note that I expect you should have two lines in your .authinfo file, one for
your smtp credentials and one for google reader (which has port set to
'reader'). What may be occuring is confusion between the two and we may need to
do something like add either a port value for your smtp auth line or add
something to the greader auth line to ensure the two are easily distinguished.

Tim

T. V. Raman writes:
 > Tim,
 >
 > I think  I know what might be happening:
 > Ialready have a .authinfo.gpg file that Iuse for authenticating
 > via smtp when sending out email.
 >
 > With your patch applied, it prompts me for the passphrase for
 > decrypting the .authinfo.gpg file and that succeeds. The sign in
 > then fails for Google Reader which is what Iam not able to
 > explain.
 >
 > The echo area shows:
 > Decrypting /home/raman/.authinfo.gpg...done
 > signal: JSON readtable error
 > g-scratch shows it got a 401 --- error code from the other end.
 > I'm going to revert the patch again, since it is breaking my own
 > use of Google Reader among other things.
 >
 > --
 > Best Regards,
 > --raman

Information Technology
University of New England
 Phone: +61 2 6773 3210
Mobile: 0428 212217
   Fax: +61 2 6773 3424
E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Web: http://www.une.edu.au/itd
---

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius (and a lot of courage) to move in the opposite direction.
                                                           âAlbert Einstein