Re: emacspeak and w3

thanks Raman. Will look into the mime stuff.

Unfortunately, colour themes, x-resources and face customizations are
all no good with w3 and have no effect. The w3 code dynamically
creates faces on the fly. I've looked at this stuff in the past, but
it is quite complicated and I tend to disappear down the rabbit whole
each time I try to get a handle on it. Part of the problem is that the
issue appears to be a combination of many smaller issues, so fixing
one doesn't help - you need to fix them all. Some of them are similar
to issues that have come up in other areas - for example, having a
decent metric to ensure foreground/background colours are distinct or
distant enough from each other to be readable, dealing with
inconsistent/bad style settings, recognition of some users preference
for a black/dark background etc etc.

I've made several attempts to fix/improve this in the past, but either
get distracted or loose momentum. However, I'm very keen to get decent
epub support within emacspeak, so maybe there is more motivation to
try harder! The first thing I need to do is increase my knowledge re:
CSS, DOM, etc. This has not been a focus in my work for the last 10+
years, so I'm not up to speed in this area yet.

Always good to have a new challenge! Just wish I could work on this
stuff all the time and not spend so many mind numbing hours in the
corporate world, where technology seems to be relegated to the
basement, being replaced by project managers, cloud services and
vendor management! If I had better cane skills and could move faster,
bank robbery would be a serious option.

Tim