Re: resolved: compilation issues

Thanks for the article.

Do you have any latency issues with emacspeak and espeak on this platform? I gave up with espeak and switched to voxin from Oralux as the latency on Ubuntu made espeak unusable with emacspeak.

I've only recently got started with emacspeak, and what I wish I;d had was a similar article that described the useful packages and their setup required to make emacspeak truly practical as an audio desktop env. ie:

* Workable speech synth setup
* How to integrate emacspeak init into your own .emacs
* Getting w3m working and how ti use it
* Email and vm config
* jabber.el
* Practical tips and useful working practices.

These aren't all emacsepak  specific, but are required to make it practical.  This info is all out there but fragmented and scattered over the web. I  think it would be useful to have it in one place, if it isn't already.

Littlefield, Tyler writes:
 > Hello all:
 > I was recently working on getting Emacspeak compiled on Archlinux. I
 > finally got everything going, and wrote a quick article on how to do it,
 > which detailed some of the issues I had.
 > http://tds-solutions.net/blog/?p=128
 > Thanks for the information, and I hope this is of some use.

Les Smithson