RE: Adjusting Speech Rate emacspeak 36.0

Hello, David,

Try c-e d r <rate in words per minute>

Example:

c-e d r
"Enter speech rate: "
375
"Speech rate set to 375 words per minute."

See if that works.  Are you experiencing any choppy speech or syllables
being hacked off of your words?  Last time I tried installing emacspeak on a
Ubuntu maching, I got this error.  In the past I've been able to correct it
by reinstalling e-speak from source and compiling against Pulse Audio.
However, there appears to be something wrong with the development files for
pulse on this version of Ubuntu.  E-speak is not finding some of the
libraries it needs or is calling them by different names.  Very frustrating.
I was about to try my hand at Speechd-el but your words are very
encouraging.

Alex M