From: T. V. Raman [mailto:tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:11 PM
To: jason@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: viewing pdf, doc etc files

For pdf, emacspeak has a convenience command   that Ibind to
hyper-d;
hyper  p  runs the command emacspeak-wizards-pdf-open

-- for docx files etc, I use lowriter --headless --- at some
   point it would be handy to advice emacs' functionality for
   opening pdf and doc files to use these convertors -- rather
   than launching an X-window displaying the visual presentation
   -- hasn't proven worth the effort of writing something like
   this yet.