Re: fixing pitch/changes in source

A possible quick fix would be to turn off font-locking in that mode.
Emacspeak uses the font-lock text properties to apply voice locking,
so this should mean everything will just be spoken in a normal voice.

The 'long-term' or correct fix would probably be to tweak the voice
settings for the particular speech server you are using. This will
depend on which server you have, but essentially you would need to
tweak the voice setting for the voice you find hard to hear or
understand. Look at the acss-structure.el file and the *-voices.el
file to get an idea. The emacs-wizards-generate-voice-sampler and
emacspeak-wizards-voice-sampler may help in identifying the voices and
hearing what different parameters do. IIt is likely you will be able
to set a new value for the voice via the emacspeak customization
buffers - look under the tts group for the voice stuff. You just need
to identify which voice you need to change and then what to change it
to so that it is distinct and you can hear and understand it when
used.

Tim