Re: Turning Off voice-lock mode When Emacspeak Starts

On 12/19/2012 7:43 PM, T. V. Raman wrote:
the volume change is an artifact of the Mac implementation --
I'm using linux-espeak, so it happens there as well.
"Littlefield," == Littlefield, Tyler <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
     Littlefield,>     Voice lock mode is one of my favourite
     Littlefield,> features of Emacspeak. It unobtrusively keeps
     Littlefield,> me aware of the syntax of my source code or
     Littlefield,> markup language.
     Littlefield,>
     Littlefield,>
     Littlefield,> It's really irritating when the volume just
     Littlefield,> randomly changes on you for me. I guess if it's
     Littlefield,> something you start out with it's nice, but I
     Littlefield,> want my code read to me without my synth
     Littlefield,> pausing and totally switching on me; it tends
     Littlefield,> to make things a lot harder to read and
     Littlefield,> understand.
     Littlefield,>
     Littlefield,> On 12/19/2012 4:59 PM, Jason White wrote:
     >> Tim Cross <theophilusx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
     >>
     >>> Another alternative (apart from identifying why you
     >>> cannot turn global voice lock mode off from .emacs) would
     >>> be to experiment with changing the voices used by
     >>> emacspeak. It is possible that if you tweaked the voice
     >>> parameters used on OSX that you would not find them as
     >>> distracting. I find the voice locking very useful in a
     >>> similar way to how sighted users find font locking
     >>> useful.
     >> Voice lock mode is one of my favourite features of
     >> Emacspeak. It unobtrusively keeps me aware of the syntax
     >> of my source code or markup language.

     Littlefield,>
     Littlefield,>
     Littlefield,> -- Take care, Ty http://tds-solutions.net The
     Littlefield,> aspen project: a barebones light-weight mud
     Littlefield,> engine: http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud He
     Littlefield,> that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot
     Littlefield,> reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a
     Littlefield,> slave.
     Littlefield,>

--
Take care,