Re: Emacspeak in Arch Linux

I can assure you, emacs works great on arch (and I even installed from svn for emacspeak). I have emacs and emacspeak working and wrote an article on how to do so. You talked about ten different topics in your message, so I'm not quite sure why you hate arch and LFS is the way to go, but if it helps:
http://tds-solutions.net/blog/?p=128