Re: Small patch to make speaking time responsive

Yes,
There was another reason.  I'm an idiot :).

It was actually the same tts-with-punctuations bug.  I didn't have the
fix correctly loaded when I was testing the time function so the
dtk-stop call was being incorrectly interpreted by the speech server and
never happening.

All good with the tts-with-punctuations patch applied.

Sorry for the noise.

Bart

Bart Bunting <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Interesting.
>
> There must be another reason then that it isn't working with the mac
> speech server.
>
> I'll dig deeper into the debug from the speech server.
>
> Any ideas on why dtk-toggle-debug isn't working for me?
>

> Kind regards
>
> "T.V. Raman" <tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Bart -- you should not need the additional (dtk-stop) call.
>>
>> Reason:  Look at function dtk-speak --- it *always* calls
>> dtk-stop-immediately -- unless you bind it to nil.
>>
>> That variable is set to default by t, and  command
>> emacspeak-speak-time does nto let bind that variable.
>>
>> On 1/4/13, Bart Bunting <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had noticed that if some text was being spoken that using c-e c-t to
>>> speak the time could wait for the current utterance to complete before
>>> the speech was interupted.  I find this mildly annoying.
>>>
>>> I simply inserted a call to dtk-stop prior to the call to dtk-speak in
>>> emacspeak-speak-time.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this is the correct approach but it certainly works for
>>> me.
>>>
>>> Patch attached for what it's worth.
>>>

> Bart
> --