Sad news regarding google reader

Is anyone else as disappointed as me about the news Google plans to retire
reader soon? I've really enjoyed using google reader since Raman added the
greader client.

Any recommendations on other good RSS readers/aggregators for emacs which
provides similar functionality to greader?

IT Security Manager
Information Technology
University of New England
 Phone: +61 2 6773 3210
Mobile: 0428 212217
E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Web: http://www.une.edu.au/itd
---

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius (and a lot of courage) to move in the opposite direction.
                                                           âAlbert Einstein