Re: Speaking a displayed line

Just in case I'll mention the importance of making sure you have the correct vline wrap mode configured. Later versions of emacs have introduced the concept of visual line mode, which refers to 'screen lines' that are different from actual text lines. Emacspeak does not work well with visual line mode - instead, you want it to eeither truncate long lines or wrap them onto multiple lines. If you use visual line mode, emacspeak will just see things as one long line.

Tim