Re: Speaking a displayed line

Yes, I've tried this command, but it still reads the whole logical line.

On 03/27/2013 06:19 PM, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
Hello Christopher,

Sounds to me like the paragraph may be the line.  I've seen this before,
mostly in email.

Have you tried the command emacspeak-speak-line, bound to C-e l?

Best regards,
rdc

Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Sometimes, when using Emacspeak, I want to hear just the displayed
line spoken instead of the whole paragraph or sentence. I've messed
around with a few options with word wrapping, but I haven't been able
to figure out how to do this. Does anyone have any pointers for me?

The reason I want to do this is because sometimes when editing a
document, I want to work with some chunks of text smaller then a whole
paragraph. If I'm wordsmithing a paragraph of a letter, I want to just
hear the currently displayed line when using the arrow keys, instead
of having to listen to the whole paragraph when adjusting a word or
two in the middle. Maybe there's a better way to do this editing, so
I'm open to any suggestions.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail