Re: Patch to improve org date manipulation

Fair point.

So that leaves us with finding the timestamp ourselves and caching a
copy prior to the call to ad-do-it in an around advice.

Perhaps a save-excursion then search back from point for either a
lessthan < or left bracket [ to start
the timestamp and then search forward for a > or ] to end the timestamp.

I think I can manage that.  I still am unsure of how to find the
difference between the two strings once Ihave them other than using the append method
that you suggested is not the best way.

Can you think of an idiomatic way of comparing two strings to find the
position at which they first differ?

I know this may not be the most efficient approach but in reality it
won't be called all that often so shouldn't matter if we can't find a
more efficient option.

Does this sound like a sane aproach?
Kind regards
Bart