Severe issue installing emacspeak for Ubuntu users

The emacspeak list is emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx -- you need to
subscribe to it. Copying this list on your message.
    cg> Dear Dr. Raman,
    cg>
    cg> I have two questions:
    cg>
    cg> 1) I tried to post the following on the emacspeak
    cg> mailinglist a few weeks ago. However, I wonder if it has
    cg> arrived at all, it seems the mailingserver isn't
    cg> working. I didn't receive any copies, and moreover, I do
    cg> not receive digest mails from the server at all. The same
    cg> holds for other people who I know have tried to use the
    cg> list.
    cg>
    cg> 2) I would be very grateful if you could look into the
    cg> issue (see below).
    cg>
    cg> Thanks in advance!
    cg>
    cg> Chide Groenouwe,
    cg>
    cg> from the Netherlands
    cg>
    cg> -------- Original Message --------
    cg>
    cg> 		SUBJECT: Severe issue installing emacspeak for
    cg> Ubuntu users
    cg>
    cg> 		DATE: 2013-08-03 21:15
    cg>
    cg> 		FROM: cg <cg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    cg>
    cg> 		TO: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
    cg>
    cg> Dear Emacspeak developers, in particular Dr Raman,
    cg>
    cg> Are you already aware of the following severe issue for
    cg> Ubuntu users (and related Linux distributions), (posted
    cg> by someone else, but also affects me, and others):
    cg>
    cg> https://code.google.com/p/emacspeak/issues/detail?id=7&thanks=7&ts=1369589431
    cg> [2]
    cg>
    cg> Here a copy paste:
    cg>
    cg> What steps will reproduce the problem? 1. Install via apt
    cg> package 2. Run emacspeak &
    cg>
    cg> What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
    cg>
    cg> The expected output: 'a talking computer' But I see (and
    cg> three other people who tried it): process speaker not
    cg> running
    cg>
    cg> What version of the product are you using? On what
    cg> operating system?
    cg>
    cg> I am using the latest version in the apt repository of
    cg> ubuntu/linux mint. Details about my operation system:
    cg>
    cg> Linux Mint 14 - 64 Bit
    cg>
    cg> Please provide any additional information below.
    cg>
    cg> I'm wondering if this bug is known by the emacspeak
    cg> community. I asked three other people running ubuntu if
    cg> it worked 'out of the box', but they got the same error
    cg> messages. I think that an application in the apt
    cg> repository must be capable of running directly, without
    cg> user interaction to fix broken things (see:
    cg> http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/install-guide/troubleshooting.html
    cg> [1] ), I really like the opensource community and I have
    cg> a lot of respect for people who are programming in there
    cg> free time for others. I hope this bug can be fixed. Then
    cg> your product would be perfect!
    cg>
    cg> Thanks in advance,
    cg>