From: Jarek Czekalski [mailto:jarekczek@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:37 PM
To: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ubuntu needs attention

Hi guys

I have a problem with current ubuntu. It contains emacspeak 29, on which I cannot use emacspeak with espeak server. This is what I get after "tclsh espeak":

can not find channel named "file0"
     while executing
"fconfigure file0 -encoding utf-8"
     (file "servers/espeak" line 502)

It kind of fits the previous problem, that I couldn't see espeak among the speech servers to choose from.

I remember seeing the same message on stable debian. Now when I use debian jessie (unstable), this message is gone and emacspeak is working fine. So it seems like emacspeak should be upgraded on ubuntu. Currently it is at version 29, even in "saucy" ubuntu, which I guess is unstable.

Jarek