Re: [SPAM] Emacspeak, OS X - good work

Hi Tim,

Thanks also for the kind words.

I would be interested to hear your experiences with the mac speech
server.

I know there are still a few rough edges and bits especially with
voicification values that can be tweaked.

There is quite a limited set of options available with the mac voices
with regards to speech parameters  that we can use.  Limited to volume,
pitch and intonation which doesn't do much.

The newer mac voices have even less nobs to twist.

David and I have experimented with sox support to use that as a way of
post processing sound to try and add more variation in speech.  It can
be fiddly to get installed and working on mac though.

I am currently not really using that option but might be interested in
trying to get it working better again.

The other thing I have done wich I find helpful is to install many of
the optional mac voices and then customize emacspeak to use them for
certain things e.g. dired etc.

This is a personal thing though and it depends on which voices you have
installed and which ones you like.

Anyway sorry for the ramble, just thought some background info may have
been helpful.

Kind regards

Bart