Emacspeak info files are not installed in the central info repository?

You are correct,  the install script doesn't add a line to the
"dir" file -- mostly historical reasons. At the time  I wrote the
install rule, there were too many different ways to add the entry
to the dir file, and getting it wrong would break all the info
entries -- so I avoided it. Will keep it on the todo list -- that
said; note that  you can provide a prefix-arg (i.e. C-u) to C-h i
to specify the info file you want to open.