Re: no audio icons sound

I'm confused. You earlier said that switching the auditory icon
function to "serve" fixed the issue.

I'm trying to find out which of the functions (see customization
option emacspeak-auditory-icon-function ) work for your setting.
    lsmithso> T. V. Raman writes:

    >> Could you check and follow-up with the following:
    >>
    >> 1. What speech server you're using
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>  Oralux ibmviavoice

    >> 2. Whic of the auditory-icon functions work vs dont work
    >> in that setting
    lsmithso> No auditory icons work at all.
    lsmithso>

    >> 3. Specify if you're using pulse or just pure alsa --
    >> using pulse == pulseaudio server is running
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>  Pulseaudio.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>  If it makes a difference, I'm running on a 64-bit
    lsmithso> platform.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>  BTW, (setq emacspeak-auditory-icon-function
    lsmithso> 'emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon) seems to frequently
    lsmithso> crash the TTS,so much so that I had to disable it.
    lsmithso>

    lsmithso> That worked! Thanks. > lsmithso> > >> Hello Les,

    >> emacspeak to use auditory icons, I remember on one >>
    >> occasion I had to change

    >> 'emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon)

    >> there's >> a choice of about three values for this
    >> variable, some of >> which may not work.

    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> -- Les Smithson