Re: talkingarch emacspeak-git install

I think I've got emacspeak up and talking. I put export DTK_PROGRAM=espeak into the /etc/profile and things really broke up when I tried tclsh espeak in the servers directory. So I enabled pulseaudio and restarted the computer. The next tclsh espeak in the servers directory just returned espeak and no percent sign I could find. The screen was completely empty too. So I try running emacspeak again and tis time hear no music but the bottom of the screen shows no process speaker not running error. I try control-e F to read the faq file and got a symbols void error doing that though. Speech is very slow now, but I expect after customization to fix that. Thanks for the help and that article link.

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Les Smithson wrote:

Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 06:22:23
From: Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>, emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: talkingarch emacspeak-git install

Hi: This sounds like a problem with the emacspeak speech server.  Try
running it directly from the shell independently from emacspeak as
described by the link below (look for the string "process speaker")

http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/install-guide/troubleshooting.html

If you can get the speech server running from the shell, then make
sure emacspeak has been configured to use it, and not some other
speech server.