different test results

Before doing the next test, I removed the sox package from the system then rebooted. This time tclsh enter just said espeak next q "this is a test." enter d enter said this is a test. I couldn't find any percent signs on the screen even after hitting the enter key a couple times so I typed exit enter and exited back to the servers directory. With emacspeak starting up on emacs, speech is at normal speed not slower. That sox package and emacspeak may not play nicely together. I put it on the machine to enable recording from microphone into files on the computer originally.